Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Doctor Appointments

We had a day full of doctor appointments on Monday. We started with Gray's two year checkup and then moved on to ophthalmologist appointments for both boys.

Gray's two year check up went well. He's so different from Nate and I sometimes worry about things (small vocabulary) that maybe I shouldn't. The doctor was not concerned with the things I brought up. I just have to remember that the boys are different. Here are Gray's current measurements:

Head - 18 1/2" - 10-25%
Height - 35 1/2" - 75%
Weight - 25 lbs, 2 oz - 5%

I was surprised by the height measurement. This may be silly reasoning, but Grays feet are much smaller than Nate's were and don't seem to have grown since last summer. That made me worry that he wasn't growing much in other places, but obviously I was wrong. I don't remember his last height measurement, but it was in the 50th percentile.

The pediatrician wasn't worried about the weight, but I think our pulmonologist will be when he sees it. I may be trying some of Rachel's "make your baby gain weight" tricks soon.

Gray got two shots and didn't like either, but got over them pretty quickly. He doesn't have to go back to the pediatrician until he's three.

The ophthalmologist appointments also went well. Gray's eyes are looking great and there are no concerns there.

Dr. P said he was comfortable with waiting on Nate's surgery. Nate actually read one line better on the Snellen chart than he did back in October. Nate is still right on the fence of needing surgery. Dr. P feels like he could do well in school up to 3rd or 4th grade as long as his vision remains the same. If his vision drops, or once he gets in to higher grades in school, he'll need to have the surgery done. I'm glad both doctors are in agreement, but I still kinda wish we could just get it over with.

We go back to Dr. P in August. I'll ask for a Texas State Eye Report then so that Nate can be evaluated by the Allen ISD Visual Impairment Specialist. The VI specialist will be able to help us decide if he needs any extra help in school based on his vision.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

That Pulminologist is all about the weight, isn't he:) When do you see him again? Curious, because in the summer we get a little break from him and don't need to be seen until she is sick or for three months.