Houston Traffic
After driving in rush hour (and not rush hour) traffic in Houston over spring break I was reminded of one of the reasons I love the Dallas area. I don't spend a lot of time driving in traffic here. We live and work in the 'burbs. It always seems like there is traffic by Collin Creek Mall in Plano, so I avoid that area like the plague. But, I have my fair share of times that I have to drive in Dallas traffic. The drivers in Dallas are much friendlier than Houston. In Dallas, if I turn on my blinker, one of the next 5 cars will typically let me in. I think Houston drivers are blind to blinkers. I just had to move into the other lane and hope someone got out of my way.
And to make it worse there is some terrible freeway design. Hello, two major freeways merging, with two lanes becoming one!!! Who thought that was a good idea? And will the construction on I-45 in Conroe/Woodlands/Spring ever get done? They need the people that wrote the contract for the Dallas High 5 to get involved. That project came in early and with minimal driver impact due to the way the contract was written.
The Great Stroller Switch
We took an old umbrella stroller with us on spring break. We don't really like it, but it's small, and frankly, size is important because my car isn't that big (No Ivy, I don't want to buy your minivan when you move). We left our stroller parked in a stroller lot while we went on a tour at the Space Center. When we came back we found "our" stroller, but noticed that it looked cleaner. Then I noticed the gash in the handle wasn't there and that there were plastic cable ties still on the wheels. I had Kenny look around to make sure I wasn't missing our stroller, but it was gone. Someone must have gotten the two mixed up. Kenny and I figure that some poor dad grabbed our stroller, put his kid in it and pushed for a while. Then when it was the mom's turn to push she yelled at her husband because he got someone else's beat up stroller instead of theirs.
Gray's Milestone
Gray strung together four words into a sentence at church yesterday. "Nate, no touch it!"
❤️👨👩👦👦
6 years ago

2 comments:
WTG Gray!! Wow, that's awesome!!!
Thanks for the shout out, Amber! june is not that far off....you may change your mind!
Also, I grew up in Houston and I can attest that 45 has ALWAYS had construction.
Post a Comment