Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter: Part I

We had a wonderful Easter weekend. I took a lot of pictures, so I'm breaking this up into a few posts.

Nate had the day off for Good Friday, so I stayed home with him and Gray. We ran a couple of errands, but mostly stayed home and hung out until Kenny came home early. Then we headed to Ft. Worth for a fun evening.

We had dinner at Joe T. Garcia's. It's been a long time since Kenny and I went. It was a perfect day for eating on the patio, which is great since Joe T's is mostly patio. The food was good, but a little more expensive then I remember. The margaritas weren't so good and were way overpriced. If we go back we'll have to remember no alcohol.

Then we headed to the convention center for Disney on Ice. We took Nate last year and he loved it. He loved it this year as well. Gray watched with great curiosity for the first few minutes, then he fell asleep. He woke up during intermission and began eyeing a souvenir hat that a boy in front of us had. Luckily Kenny and Nate were out getting snacks. They stopped by the cotton candy vendor on the way back in to get the cotton candy with the hat attached. Gray was giddy. He stayed awake for the second half and watched in awe of Mickey Mouse.

We ran a few errands Saturday morning (like finally taking the bunk bed boxes and old box springs to the dump) before calling an audible and deciding to go to Grandview for the afternoon. We knew the boys would love seeing and hunting eggs with their cousins.

Because I don't get many of these, here's a silly picture of Kenny.


The kids dyed Easter eggs (which I don't have pictures of) and played outside a lot.

When it was almost time for the egg hunt the kids asked when we were going to hide the eggs. We told them that we already had. Cooper said they looked for them in the back yard but couldn't find them. I told him that we must of hidden them really good. All four of the big kids went back to the play yard to look for the eggs some more. I heard they were digging through clumps of grass in frustration. Kenny and Vince finally led them to Granny Barnes's front yard...


...where they soon learned the eggs were also not hidden. Finally they made it to the back yard where they hunted like crazy.


We set up a few eggs for Gray on the patio.


They had so much fun the first time that the did three more egg hunts for empty eggs (actually the eggs were empty the first time because the candy I bought was too big). Here they are lined up for the second hunt.


The kids had a lot of fun and I'm so glad we decided to make the trip.

0 comments: