Sunday, April 11, 2010

Barnicles 4/11

It was yet another busy week here in the Barnes house. We had the usual Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday full of football, gymnastics, and hand chimes.

Friday was special. We went to the Rangers game and had a great time. It amazes me how easily Gray is drawn into watching sports, although he did his share of walking and flirting too. Nate is becoming more interested and notices things the players do. Our seats were good, but not very close to the action, so I'm sure it was hard for Nate to see what was going on.

The Rangers celebrate Friday home game with fireworks. When Nate was three we were riding Dumbo as the Magic Kingdom fireworks started. Unfortunately those fireworks are launch about 50 ft from the Dumbo ride and Nate was traumatized. He spent the rest of our Disney World trip with his fingers in his ears and was deathly afraid of fireworks. We try to have him face his fears and have slowly gotten him to watch fireworks. First with a small show, then a big show in the car, but always with his fingers in his ears. Last Fourth of July was the first time he remotely liked the fireworks, so we thought we would give them a shot Friday. He kept his fingers in his ears, but he loved it! Gray looked awestruck through the show. It's nice to be able to watch fireworks again.

Nate's friend Andrew came over before football on Saturday. The boys ate lunch and played some, then got ready for their game. The game went pretty well. We played the Panthers (who lost the Superbowl in the fall). The final score was 13 to 0. We didn't score, but came really close to it. I'm not sure how they got one of their touchdowns because no less than 3 boys had that Panther's flag in their hands, but somehow didn't manage to pull them. One bright spot was that the boys all ran in the right direction and there were no negative yards or safeties. The refs for this game called it unusually tight. The Eagles haven't had a penalty all season and I'm pretty sure we haven't seen any team called for a false start, but our refs called several of them. I think they forgot the players were in Kindergarten

We tested our sprinkler system Saturday afternoon. Of course that means that the boys need to put on their swimsuits, even if it is only 75 and cloudy.




They had a fun few minutes playing before they were freezing. Nate and Andrew came in and got ready to go to the race track in Ennis with Andrew's mom. We have a friend that shares a dirt track car with his cousin. It's fun to watch Brandon race and the boys love to play with all of their friends that go.

We spent some time this afternoon taking pictures. I'm still deciding whether I want to pay for two year pictures for Gray or whether I want to take them myself. We weren't able to go in the early morning this weekend, so I had to settle for late this afternoon. It was still a little bright and Gray's eyes are squinted in most of them. I'll share some of them in a separate post.

We finished off the afternoon with desert before dinner at our new favorite place, Yogurtville. It is so yummy. Gray demanded his own bowl tonight, then helped Nate finish off his yogurt.



0 comments: