Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter: Part III

He is risen, He is risen indeed!

We celebrated the Risen Savior at our church, Atonement, Sunday morning. We always have two Sunday services, but Easter is the rare day that they are different. We had hoped to make it for early church, but it's hard to get there by eight with two little boys rummaging through Easter baskets (and football bags. See Easter: Part II).

We did arrive during the early service because I had to play hand chimes at the end of the service. We're usually pretty rough on our early service performance, but it went quite nicely on Easter.

Next we had a delicious breakfast. We have lots of wonderful cooks at our church.

I was surprised to find out that the Children's Choir, including Nate, were singing during the late service. I snapped a picture of them practicing after breakfast.


Then it was time for the big egg hunt. And I do mean big. We have a lot of eggs for such a small church.

Gray moved on from hunting eggs pretty quickly (and it wasn't because of that one empty egg he found).

Nate, on the other hand, emptied and returned his eggs to make room in his basket to find more eggs.

We took a quick family picture to update the "members board" in the church entry way. And because I wanted a picture where we were all dress pretty nicely.

The kids had a few minutes to play before it was time for the late service.

Nate did a wonderful job singing with the Children's Choir. The Easter message never gets old and I was glad to listen to it again this year.

0 comments: