Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pulmonologist Visit

Gray went to the pulmonologist on Thursday. Overall it was a pretty good checkup.

Gray's respiratory system seems to be doing better. He's only been on antibiotics twice since his visit at the beginning of December (and one set was prescribed that day). The tubes are doing their job of keeping the ears free of infection. Gray does still have a pretty constant runny nose and goopy eyes. Dr. R wants us to stay on twice a day nebulizer treatments through the main part of allergy season. On June 1st we get to cut back to one nebulizer treatment a day!!! Of course, if he gets sicks, or has a runny nose, or starts wheezing we have to go back to two (or more) a day. But we're starting to see a tiny bit of light.

There was one area of concern and I expected it based on Gray's two year check up. In the last three months Gray has grown 1.75 inches, but only gained 7 oz.

(I planned to insert a copy of his growth chart here, but I think my scanner/printer broke. I can't turn it back on. Maybe I'll scan the chart in at work tomorrow. It's a crazy chart.)

Anyway, even though Gray isn't really showing any signs of reflux, we're starting him back on the Prevacid. Maybe his stomach is bothering him and keeping him from eating. We started it Friday and it takes 3 to 5 days to take effect, so we haven't seen a lot of difference yet. We'll try it for a few months and hope it works. If it doesn't I guess we'll be trying to jam more calories in the food that Gray does choose to eat.

0 comments: