Friday, August 7, 2009

Introducing Blue

We made a huge decision on Monday. We were on our way home from school and Gray was bawling. I couldn't find his pacifier to stop it. At that moment I realized I was tired of constantly hunting for pacifiers. I, I mean, we had a decision to make: stop at a pharmacy and buy a new paci or take them away. We went with take them away.

We stopped at Toys-R-Us and purchased this cutie.


His name is Blue and he is Gray's new comfort item. Gray doesn't know Blue is his comfort item, but he'll figure it out.

Nate also had a stuffed dog. His name was Sammy, but we always called him Dog. Here is a picture of Nate and Dog.

Nate has just recently given up toting Dog around. I kinda miss Dog.

Now, back to Gray.

Gray is doing great and has been paci free since Monday night when he traded me his paci for Blue.

There are a few things that are more difficult for Kenny and I. First, the sucking really helped keep him calm and still during his nebulizer treatments. I got whacked in the lip with a toy tonight. I was really wishing for the paci then. The paci helped Gray take his Prevacid too. It's a dissolvable tablet that he really isn't supposed to chew. I could pop the tablet in and then pop in the paci. That combination pretty much forced him to let the tablet dissolve.

While there are a few tasks that are more difficult, it sure is nice to not have to look around for the paci all the time. Plus, in my opinion, he was really too old to be using it as much as he was.

Good riddance!

0 comments: