
He had fun in Kids Club (after school care) as well. They had a snack and played with toys.
Here is a picture of us picking him up. I wasn't able to get a good one, but I wanted to share the Class of 2022 shirt he had on. All of the Kindergartners got one.
He got mad at me when I woke him up this morning. He said he was in the middle of a dream and he was fixing to ask the pirate how much treasure he had. He wanted to know why I couldn't just let him finish the dream.
School was a little better today because he knew what was going on. He went to the multi-purpose room and lined up with his class. Then I left and he walked to his class with his teacher.
Mrs. Sylvester has a triangle on her door with a heart, a hand, and a smiley face. The kids touch one of the the items to pick a hug, a high five, or a smile from the teacher. He told us that he chose a hug today.
He was excited because they had PE today.
I emailed Mrs. Sylvester last night about the milk and she helped him get some milk today. Surprise, he chose chocolate.
He was obviously more comfortable today because he got in trouble. He told me right away that he was on Yellow. Yellow is a recess penalty. Nate said he had to walk a lap at recess. At first he said he didn't remember what he got in trouble for. Then he changed his story to burping. If I don't get an email from Mrs. Sylvester tonight I'll email her to get the details. I'm not sure he would get in trouble for burping because I've seen kids with worse manners. However, there are times that he burps repeatedly in a purposeful manner even after you ask him to stop. So I really wouldn't be surprised if it was true.
Football practice tonight was pretty rough. The kids were amped up about starting school and tired and moody from adjusting to new schedules. Hopefully (for Kenny) Thursday will be better.
Nate claimed he wasn't tired when we were coming home from practice. He didn't want to bathe, eat, and go to bed. We told him his other option was to run laps in the back yard. He agreed and said he was going to try to run until tomorrow morning. We reminded him that he would still have to go to school, but he was welcome to give it a try. He made it about 8 minutes. Kenny did say he ran hard for those 8 minutes.
Both the boys are in bed and asleep now. Clothes are laid out and lunches are packed. I'm going to try to squeeze in 6:00 am water aerobics before getting Nate to school. Wish me luck!

0 comments:
Post a Comment