I'm having to do things out of chronological order this weekend. I have to download video before I can do a post about Nate's Kindergarten Graduation, but I wanted to get the post about Cooper and Ryan done while it was still fresh in my mind. There are some parts I really want to forget.
The boys got here late Friday night. Ryan came in with good news. He hit a home run in his t-ball game. Auntie Shana and Uncle Vince took Gray back to Grandview to spend the weekend with the grandparents.
It was well after 10 when they finally got into bed. Did that make them sleep late on Saturday morning? Heck no. They were up and playing at 6:30. Kenny, aka Grumpy, fussed at them several times to lay down and watch cartoons. I finally got up around 7:30, mostly because I was tired of listening to Kenny. I got them dressed and sent them outside to play.
After breakfast we went to the park. We were planning to go swimming, but the pool didn't open until noon. After the park we had lunch at home and the boys laid down with a short movie to take a rest.
They got up around 3:00 and we headed to the pool. It was packed. I think its the busiest we have ever seen it. Something else we had never seen before happened as well. Not once, but twice we had to get out due to "fecal matter." I have never seen people get out of a pool so quickly. We were just swimming when everything shut off (slides, water that shoots off the play equipment, etc), there was a long, loud whistle from all of the life guards and they shouted "everyone out." It takes about 30 minutes to cycle all of the water through the filter, so we waited the first time. We got a snack and hung out on the patio. When it happened a second time we told the boys we would just have to go home. They were disappointed but understood.
After dinner we head out to the beautiful Dr. Pepper Ballpark, home of the Frisco Rough Riders. We got tickets for the lawn because we thought it would be more conducive for 5 and 7 year olds.
This is Reagan. Her family was sitting in front of us, but we don't know them.
She's four. She flirted with all of the boys, but seemed particularly enamored with Cooper. He and Nate jockeyed over position to be close to her.
Her parents are going to be in trouble in 10 to 12 years. Luckily her dad is big.
Cooper, Ryan, and Nate all got Deuce shirts. Deuce is the Rough Rider Mascot. He's a prairie dog. I wanted a nice picture. This is what I got. I think Nate and Ryan are trying to catch a snack.
This one is a little better, but can you say "CHEESE!"
While Cooper and Kenny were gone they played the Cotton Eye Joe. Nate and Ryan don't know how to do the Cotton Eye Joe yet.
They danced anyway.
Here are Nate and Ryan enthralled in the game. OK, not really, they were just playing by the fence.
Here are Ryan and Nate chest bumping after a great hit by the Riders. OK, I'm lying again. They just think chest bumping is cool.
The little sweethearts (I'm using that term loosely) are finally in bed and asleep. Tomorrow we'll tackle church, then head to Grandview for swimming at Grandmommy and Granddaddy's. I'll be glad to get my baby back too!

0 comments:
Post a Comment