TGIF tomorrow. I couldn't be happier. The week is almost over and Kenny comes home tonight! It's been a tough week.
We took Gray to his pulmonologist (lung doctor) on Friday. We thought it would be his last visit with Dr. Rembecki (who we love), but we couldn't have been more wrong. Gray has had a runny nose and some congestion for about 2 months. I figured it was allergies and didn't worry. The pediatrician wasn't worried about it either. Dr. Rembecki was worried about the stress all of the congestion was putting on Gray's lungs. He said it was probably just a string of colds from the daycare germs. He also said Gray was probably spending most of his energy breathing through the congestion which would could explain the lack of weight gain (Gray was up to 19 lbs, 10 oz).
Anyway, Gray's back on nebulizer treatments. We had to do 5 a day Friday through Monday. On Tuesday we got to cut back to three. When he is completely clear for a week we can cut back to two. He has to do 2 a day for at least two months. The treatments weren't bad when he was 5 months old and didn't move. They're a different story with a constantly in motion 13 month old. It's a battle, but we're making it through. He sounds so much better and his nose is not running near as much.
Now I need a doctor that can cure drooling. He's getting two more bottom teeth. The teeth are really starting to break through now, so hopefully the drool will slow down soon.
We had a rare football free Saturday thanks to all the rain on Friday. Unfortunately I had a stomach virus and didn't get to enjoy it.
Kenny left early Monday morning for a business trip to San Diego. I don't know how single parents do it. Keeping up with both kids is about to kill me! (Remember, I'm having to do all of those breathing treatments.)
As I got Nate ready for school on Monday I realized most of his shorts were way to short, so we went shopping Monday night. It went better than I expected thanks to the popcorn that Gray technically should not have been eating. Poor second child, no pictures, mom lets him do dangerous things. It's a miracle he's alive.
Tuesday was football practice. We also found out on Tuesday that Nate's make-up game would be on Wednesday. Kenny was a little mad that he missed the game.
The game went well. Nate is doing a good job of snapping the ball. He's really wanting to play defense. I guess we've got to starting working on the defense so he can contribute when coach puts him out there. Nate's team won 12 to 2. The younger kids (including Nate) got to play a little more than normal. Coach wanted to get some playing time in for them and keep the score a little close so that the boys could continue running the ball. If you get too far ahead you have to start passing, and that isn't fun for most of the boys.
Nate was beyond tired when we got home Wednesday night. I told him to go upstairs for a shower and he was dilly-dallying because Scooby-Doo was on TV. I fussed at him so he yelled "You never let me do anything, you, you, you big fat head." We had a serious discussion and he was grounded from the TV and Wii today.
Today was crazy at work. I'm on a project that has to be wrapped up by April 30. We're almost done, but we're waiting on approval from the state. They aren't speedy. This approval falls under my role on the team, so I have a million people calling me about it (including people that are so far above me in the org chart that they shouldn't even know my manager's name). To make matters worse the state contact only wants to talk to one person at our company. I guess he doesn't understand that we have at least 5 major sites and 3 major programs that require these approvals. I send him an email and he responds to our government liaison. The good news is I'm getting a lot of face time with our management. If the project makes the deadline our team looks like heroes. Management knows this stuff is out of our control, but I still don't want to think about the project missing the deadline...
I took the boys to McDonald's for dinner tonight. It was only the second time since Kenny left. I intended to take them on Tuesday, but there wasn't time to play, so I convinced Nate to wait until today. He only agreed to that because I also bought him a Happy Meal on Tuesday. Gray played in the toddler area for a while and really seemed to enjoy it. He's really getting the walking down. It was a good reward for Nate because he was great at gymnastics.
Saturday will be a big milestone for Gray. I stopped "expressing" about a month ago and tomorrow is his last day on mommy's milk. I bought some whole milk at the store this week in preparation for the transition. I can't believe how big he is getting.
Gray should move up to the toddler class at school very soon. They were just waiting on him to start whole milk. Nate always made huge jumps in his development when he moved up a class, so I expect the same out of Gray. I also think the toddler class will help Gray's sleeping schedule. All of the cribs are in the middle of the infant room. He always wants to see what is going on and won't go to sleep. In the toddler room they'll all take a nap at the same time. I think he'll get a lot more sleep that way.
While I'm glad the weekend is here, it certainly isn't going to be relaxing. Gray and I will be traveling to Huntsville and staying at Grandma's in Willis for a wedding. Nate has a football game and two birthday parties. We have to go shopping for gifts tomorrow.
Oh yeah, how could I forget? To make the week better the a/c went out in my jeep. It had been going out for a while but there just hadn't been time to get it fixed. It really warmed up this week so I couldn't put it off any longer. I dropped it off on Tuesday. The shop called and said it was the a/c clutch and it would take another day to get the parts and fix it. Our only other vehicle is Kenny's single cab truck. I guess it was good that Kenny was out of town because the truck barely fits me, the boys and the car seats. I don't think Kenny would have liked riding in the back. It was nice to have the jeep back today. The cold a/c was even better!
❤️👨👩👦👦
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment