We have finally bought Nate a set of bunk beds. I want to forget about the experience, but will recount it one last time here. I want to remember this experience so I can remind Nate of all the struggles we had in getting him bunk beds.
Nate has been asking for bunk beds for more than a year. We told him when he went for a month without wetting the bed we would get them. That came and went and we didn't get them. Then we discussed Christmas, but couldn't work the logistics, so that passed as well. Then his bed broke. Well, it didn't break completely, but it was definitely in the process. The slats fell out on a very regular basis (like every day). OK, maybe you could call that broken. We decided it was time to get the bunk beds.
My plan was to get a nicer set that we could pass on to Gray. Then someone reminded me that Gray should get something new every once in a while and I shouldn't just plan on handing everything down to him. So we decided to go with a cheaper set.
Last Friday we went to North Richland Hills (almost Ft. Worth) and looked at a store. They had a nice set on sale for $250. It was wooden, twin over full, with drawers under the bed, and the slats. It felt pretty sturdy. I suggested we buy it, but Kenny wanted to discuss it. So we left.
By the time we got home we decided we would go back Saturday evening (after we dropped the boys off at their Grandparents) and buy a set. As we left Grandview Kenny called the store to make sure they still had some in stock. They did, so we got the truck and headed to NRH. Then we got stuck in traffic. By the time we got there they had sold out of all they had in stock. They were expecting some on Monday, but we decided we would look a little more.
On Sunday we went to look at another store. They had some nice beds, but they were all more expensive than the set in NRH. I told them about the deal we already had and we were starting to walk out. Then the owner decided that she could match the deal, so we ordered a set. We were told they would be there in the next week, probably on Monday or Tuesday. On Wednesday I called to check on them and found out it was a new product and they couldn't get any until April. APRIL? My child has no bed, I can't wait that long. They can't make me a similar deal on a similar bed from another manufacturer, so I take a refund.
Kenny calls the NRH store again. They won't get more in stock until mid-March. Again, my child has no bed, so I really don't want to wait that long.
We went looking again this afternoon. We just can't find anything that is anywhere near as good as this deal in NRH.
I gave up. We broke down and ordered the set in NRH this evening. I guess Nate will sleep in the guest room or on his mattresses in the floor of his room for a couple more weeks.
❤️👨👩👦👦
6 years ago

1 comments:
Oh man.... We've been thinking about getting a bunk bed, and I'm scared to now!!
Post a Comment