Tuesday, February 2, 2010

41 Dive

I had hand chime practice at church tonight, so Kenny was in charge of the kids for dinner. He had a great story to tell when I got home. I asked him to type it up for the blog, but he wouldn't (**cough**lazy**cough**). Instead he dictated the story to me for the the blog. Here it is in Kenny's words:

Nate had finished eating his dinner and was in the living room playing on his DS. Gray was finishing his diner and I was in the office on the computer. (Amber here - I see they had a nice family dinner while I was gone.) All of a sudden, from the living room, Nate starts yelling "41 dive, 41 dive, down, set, hut!" I heard him run and the he yelled "Touchdown!" I chuckled and then he starts yelling "45 dive, 45 dive, down, set, hut! Touchdown!" At this point I walked into the living room to see exactly what he was doing and he has an Easter basket, handle side down, on his head like a helmet. I asked what he was doing and he said he was practicing. Since Mommy wasn't home I went and got a football out of the bag and I was going to have him take some snaps (Amber again - yeah, we had a talk about that) because he's going to be moving to quarterback this spring. As we were lining up for the first one he tells me "wait, wait, wait! Now I'm the referee. Offsides, on the defense, illegal rush before the ball was handed off." It brought a tear to my eye.

I was a little disappointed that Kenny didn't get the camera and take a picture. Maybe Nate will give me an encore in the morning so I can add a picture.

Thanks Kenny for all the effort you put into this post.

1 comments:

Christy said...

HA HA HA! Your blog always makes me laugh! :)