Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bodily Functions

Today we took Nate to get casts of his feet made for custom orthodic inserts. His Sever's Disease has improved, but it still flares up with activity. We're worried that it will come back full force with football, so we decided to get the custom orthodics as precautionary measure.

We took Gray with us because it didn't make sense to drive all the way to daycare, then back to the doctor's office. I felt a little bad for Nate because Gray got a lot of attention at the Prosthetic/Orthodic office. (That reminds me, I'm really glad we didn't see anyone with a prosthetic while we were there. Nate really wants a fake leg. He is obsessed with prosthetic limbs. Now back to the story.)

So me, Nate, Kenny, a technician, and a student are in an exam room. The student is making Nate's first cast. Nate blurts out "It feels like I peed on my sock." Now, because this caught us off guard (and because I've seen him pee on his sock), everyone in the room laughed. Nate enjoyed the attention and decided to go back to the well repeating that it felt like he peed on his sock, but adding something about having a wee-nis on his foot (He's taken to calling his penis a wee-nis. I think it's a combination of wee-wee and penis. Or possibly it could be a Wii-nis, based on his love of the Wii. Either way, I wish he would go back to using the proper medical term. I'm more comfortable with that.) I think I may be the only one that heard the wee-nis comment, but Kenny and I both told him to stop with the potty jokes.

Nate doesn't know when to stop (which is why we try to avoid potty jokes at all costs) so when the technician started the second cast Nate changed is up and said "It feels like poop." Again, he was quickly reminded that potty jokes aren't funny. Luckily that ended the potty talk, as least until we left the orthodics office.

Can someone please explain to me why little boys love potty jokes so much?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It isn't just boys! But we have more "booty" talk going on right now. I like to blame it on the boy influence, but I'm pretty sure that they need full credit for it:)

Christy said...

Are you going to that thing at church on Sunday? Maybe they'll have some ideas. Liam's language hasn't quite developed to that yet. So I can't wait to hear what Liam comes up with in the future! NOT! :)