Tuesday, September 30, 2008

some people...

Nate had another great football game, but the true excitement happened in the game before.

I knew something was going on when we arrived, but wasn't sure what. All of the coaches and the ref were having a meeting in the center of the field. The league commissioner was there as well. There was still time left on the clock. When the discussion ended the Cowboys coach headed towards the sidelines and told the boys to line up, that the Sooners had forfeited. As the Cowboys were leaving the sidelines one of the mom's said "I hope your game is as exciting as ours." Based on what I had seen I told her "I hope its not. And I hope your game next week is less exciting." This was about the time the cops showed up and talked to the commissioner.

Kenny later found out that the Sooner's coach didn't think he was getting fair calls and he let the ref know about it. The ref apparently got tired of hearing his remarks and told him to go to the sidelines and stay off the field. The coach continued to mouth from the sidelines and the commissioner heard it. The commissioner called a mid field conference. I think the rest of the Sooners coaching staff got into it as well and challenged the Cowboys coaches to meet them in the parking lot.

We're not sure what will happen to the Sooners. I'm sure they'll at least kick out the coaches and maybe some parents. Hopefully they can find new coaches to take over the team. Its really sad for the kids and it certainly teaches them bad things. It really shows the over competitive side of youth sports.

Of course Nate didn't really know what was going on, but he asked if the whole Sooners team was going to be taken to jail.

Things were much calmer for Nate's game. Nate had two good runs. He gets so mad when he gets "tackled." The kid that did the dance after pulling Nate's flag really made him mad. I think that little boy is lucky that Nate just jerked the flag away from him instead of pushing him down. Nate is getting better at defense and almost made a tackle himself. The Eagles ending won 28 - 14, giving them a 3-1 record and putting them in 3rd place.

This weekend is his big game at SMU. If they win the game they should move into second place. Everyone is welcome to go, just email me for the details. Its on Sunday at 10 am.

Kenny and I are busy getting ready to be on our own again. This is Kenny's parents last week to stay with us. Its been nice to have someone cooking our dinner and available to keep our kids if we need to run an errand. Gray will start daycare next week as well. Its going to be a challenge to figure out how to get every we need to done.

0 comments: