I really don't know where all of the time goes. We stay so busy, but I couldn't tell you where the time goes. We only have two weeknight activities, but it seems like there is never any time to get things done at home.
Nate has been "reading" Green Eggs and Ham to us. He doesn't like to be called out when he's wrong though. I gently remind him to look at the words when he is "reading" and he gets mad and tells me "you're not hearing anymore."
Gray is getting stronger and growing fast now. Breathing does amazing things for a kid. He will be 6 months on Friday. I can't believe time has passed so fast. He'll start daycare on October 6th. We can barely get out of the house on time with Kenny's parents taking care of Gray in the morning. I'm really not sure how we'll make it when they're gone.
Nate had a great football game over the weekend. Mom and Jake came up to get some electricity and running water and to see Nate's game. His team won again this week, 36 to 12 I think. He had a good run at the beginning of the game. He played on the offensive line some. We've got to work with him on how to block the defensive players. On defense, he doesn't pull many flags, but he's always in the middle of the play. He helps to disrupt the play and that's good enough for us.
We really wish they would put a second ref out on the field and/or that the one ref would make more consistent calls. During the last game he never called offsides. This week, he called offsides on nearly every play (including one on Nate).
The ref also made a questionable call on a "pass." The league rules say you have to pass if you're within 5 yards of a first down or the goal line. The Texans were in the passing zone and having a problem completing the pass. The QB gently tossed the football about a foot to the receiver and the ref counted it as a pass. There was quite a discussion between the ref and all the coaches regarding if that was a pass or not. Our coaches didn't win the discussion. If they want to count it as a pass fine, I just hope that they call it a pass when our boys try it. We have a couple of kids that can catch and a QB that can throw a pretty good pass, so maybe we'll never have to find out.
I always swore I wouldn't be one of those parents who complained about the ref. I've learned a major lesson about swearing not to do things lately. That is, never swear you're not going to do something. Everything changes when its your kid on the field. We try our best to hide it from Nate because it does foster poor sportsmanship, but it sure is hard. Life isn't fair, but it should be for kids.
We're still amazed at the difference in his attitude between football and soccer. Next he wants to try baseball and basketball. He also talks about playing soccer again some. He's having lots of fun, so I guess we're doing a decent job as "sports parents."
After our department re-org at work Kenny and I ended up moving offices on Monday. Kenny had been in his old office since we moved into this building, 6 years ago I think. He was not happy that he had to move. I've accumulated a lot of junk in the years that we've been in this building. I still haven't finished unpacking. The funny thing is that Kenny moved next to my old office and I moved catty-corner from his old office. It would be nice if they could put us on the same end of the building so we would not fight over where to park. This is the fist time I've had an office to myself and its a little weird, but I'm sure I'll get used to it soon and won't ever want to return to a shared space.
Gray has his 6 month check up on Friday, so I'll try to remember to post the latest on him on Friday.
❤️👨👩👦👦
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment