Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Barnicles 6/22 -or- Guess Who's Back

Hello! I'm back, or at least I'm going to try to be back. It's been a little weird around here with summer break and all. We're completely off schedule. I'll try to do a quick recap to catch everyone up on our comings and goings.


June 4th was Nate's last day as a Kindergartner. I can't believe the school year went so fast. We took Gray to Grandmommy and Granddaddy's that afternoon. Then we took Nate and his friends Nolan and Graham to a Rangers game. This was his last visit with Graham for a while because Graham moved to Singapore for three years.

(Sorry for the picture quality, I forgot my camera, so its from Kenny's phone.)

That Saturday we took Nate to the grandparents. Sunday Kenny left for a business trip to San Diego. I had two glorious nights to sit around, eat food I like, and do nothing.
I played softball that Tuesday and my team won! It was great. Kenny also came home late Tuesday night.

On Wednesday we picked up Nate so he could go to Arizona with Granny Debbie on Thursday and visit Uncle Jake. They had a great time. Nate even rode a camel!

We finally had everyone back together on last Tuesday, but we still haven't found a routine or schedule.

Kenny and I took Friday afternoon off to take Nate to Toy Story 3. It was a great movie. All three of us teared up (Well, I cried. A lot.). You know it has to be emotional to make a 6 year old boy tear up.

We enjoyed swimming at Grandmommy and Granddaddy's for Fathers' Day. (no pictures. forgot my camera. again.). Depending on how you look at it Kenny's Fathers' Day gift was spectacular or pathetic. We had to finish paying for our Disney World trip last week, so you could say he got a vacation for Fathers' Day.

Nate is going to Vacation Bible School this week, so we're spending a lot of time shuttling him between Plano and Allen. He seems to be really enjoying VBS and his Kid's Club summer care program.

Hopefully we can get on a schedule next week. I'd like to get to work before 9:30 sometime this summer. Plus, Nate starts football practice next week. We might not make it through the summer if we don't get on a schedule.

0 comments: