Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Barn-icles 10/21/09

Most kids have a blanket or stuffed animal as a comfort item. Gray is not most kids. He has become completely attached to his jacket. When he finds it he immediately brings it to Kenny or I and makes that "uh uh" sound until we put it on. Then he walks around the house like he is a king. Taking the jacket off of him causes a temper tantrum. As soon as he finishes whatever we make him do jacket-less, he starts hunting for the jacket and the cycle starts over again. At least it's a cute jacket.

We're gearing up for Halloween and Nate is really into it this year. He wants to really decorate our house and make it "haunted." Unfortunately our budget of $50 for decorations didn't quite meet his expectations, but we used it as a teaching opportunity. We're working on the lesson about you can't always buy everything you want, but we'll get some decorations this year and add to it next year. I think he is content with what we got for $50.

Granny bought him his costume last weekend. He is Captain Rex from "Star Wars - The Clone Wars." It's a cartoon series based on Star Wars. I was so happy to find the costume at Wal-Mart, because the one we saw in a catalog was $50.

Nate went to Parents Night Out at gymnastics on Saturday and got to wear his costume. Here are a few pre-party pictures.

Nate got his hair painted at the party.


He made this Lego pumpkin earlier in the day at Wal-Mart.



We finished off Sunday evening with Nate's buddy Andrew's birthday party. Nate's old and new football teams were there. I think all the boys had a great time.

Nate made some "hott" shades in Kid's Club on Monday.

Nate had football practice on Tuesday. The main quarterback is wanting to play more defense, so Kenny is starting to work Nate in at Quarterback. He did pretty good at practice, but doesn't have much of an arm yet. Luckily, kindergarten flag football is mostly a running game. Alec or Garret will get called in when the team is in a passing situation.

I got brave tonight and gave Gray spaghetti with sauce. I don't think he liked it too much. He did enjoy throwing it on Franklin. He managed to stay fairly clean.



I've been working on Nate's birthday party plan. It's going to be ridiculous, and not in a good way. Working on his guest list is worse than a wedding guest list. There are cousins, family friends, old and new football teammates. It adds up to more kids than we should invite, yet we can't not invite anyone either. Luckily we're having it at a big gymnastics place with plenty of space for play. Nate's really looking forward to it. Now I just have to find a Super Mario Brothers cake. It's much more difficult than it sounds.

And that's what's going on in our world. (I'm trying that out as the closing on my Barn-icles posts. I'm not sure I like it though.)

0 comments: