Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekly Update

How many ways can I say its been a busy week? I'm not sure, but I've already surpassed it so I'm going to give up on cutesy titles and just call the weekly "what we've be up to" post the weekly update. If you can come up with a cutesy name please let me know and I'll start using it.

The week was a little weird because there were NO SPORTS PRACTICES!!!!!!! We haven't had one a week like this since Christmas I think. Nate did go to Gymnastics on Wednesday, but otherwise the kids didn't have anything scheduled on a weeknight. Nate was really curious what we would do on Saturday without a football game.

Kenny and I played in a golf tournament (separate teams) on Thursday. I don't know about Kenny, but I had a blast. I enjoyed spending time with the girls from work. Apparently 2 years is about the perfect time for me to wait between golf games because I played pretty darn well. I misaligned my first drive and shanked the ball into a creek. After I got my aim down I hit some good shots. I had one drive that went 190 yards. Maybe that's not good for other people, but I was really happy with it.

Kenny took Friday off and I ended up calling in sick. I was sun burnt and sore. I'm not sure which one was really bothering me, or maybe it was just he combo, but I couldn't hardly move the top half of my body in the morning. We took the kids to school then took a three hour nap. I felt much better that afternoon and we got some yard work done.

Saturday was a gloomy day outside. Nate and Kenny were going to see the Wild Dawgz and Warriors in the championship flag football game, but the fields had to be closed due to the rain. Nate played the Wii alot on Saturday. We watched a movie as a family.

Saturday night Nate got to experience his first rock concert. We have a friend that is in a band. Nate loves to listen to their CD. They were playing at a family friendly place, so Kenny and Nate went. It was a little past his bed time, so he was a little tired, but from what I've heard he had a blast. After the set, Brent took Nate to look at the equipment. Nate wants to be a rock star now. Someone was shooting some video and got some of Nate and Brent hanging out. Another instigating friend told Nate to show Brent his "broken" finger. (Something happened to Nate's middle finger in the last football game and he's been going around saying it's broken.) Anyway, I think they have video that looks like Nate is flipping Brent off. There goes our parents of the year award.

We knew Sunday was going to be a beautiful day. The Rangers are hot, the were giving away kid's Ian Kinsler jerseys, and there are some good ticket deals going on. We decided to skip church and go to the game. We did go to Sunday School where Nate proceeded to broadcast that we would not be in church because we were going to a baseball game.

The kids did amazingly well at the game, especially since we forgot Gray's pacifier in the car. Nate doesn't like loud noises, particularly fireworks. Every time the crowd cheered Nate stuck his fingers in his ears in expectations of fireworks (He knows the Rangers shoot fireworks for home runs). One time he was eating a Drumstick (it was $1 Drumstick day), so he stuck the Drumstick in his ear. It was kinda gross.

It was the third game of a series with the Angels and the Rangers swept the series. It's been a long time since the Rangers swept the Angels at home, so it was cool to be there. Josh Hamilton made an amazing catch. We had a great time.

Now it's back to the weekly grind. At least its going to be a short week and a long weekend. We're heading to Grandview on Thursday to watch the niece and nephews play baseball, then celebrate Memorial Day with Kenny's family. Hopefully Ken and Barbara's pool will be finished and ready to swim in as scheduled on Sunday. They're putting in a slide so the kids are really excited.

0 comments: