Well, maybe he's not a super star yet, but Nate certainly had his best game yet this week. He was much more attentive during the game this week. I don't think he spun around any at all.
He is always eager to inbound the ball, or have control of the ball. Even at 5 the kids already realize that there are two or three kids that are better than the rest. Needless to say, those kids usually get the ball passed to them and Nate gets aggravated because he isn't getting many turns.
This week he managed some really good plays. He had one shot that bounced off the backboard. On the next inbound the coach told the kids to get it to Nate and he actually made a basket. We ignored the 5 steps he took without dribbling and had a huge celebration. The ref did remind him that he is supposed to dribble.
Several plays later he stole the ball and dribbled all the way down the court. He took another shot and barely missed.
He played defense much better this week too. I think the game may be starting to click.
He'll probably start trying even harder since we let him by candy at the concession stand after the game. I'm not sure what he was more excited about, the "score" or the candy. Anyway, he was very happy.
He and Kenny practiced some yesterday before the Super Bowl. Kenny said he was doing pretty good. Then he fell, scraped his knee, and came in crying. It wasn't bad. We've got to figure out how to toughen him up some. :)
I have two videos that I'll try to get posted soon. We need to do a little editing to get them to a small enough size. One is of Nate playing during the ice day. The other is of him making his "score."
❤️👨👩👦👦
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment