Its been a fun week at our house. Kenny's family came over on Sunday and all of the kids really enjoyed playing together. The cousins brought their Wii and all the kids were able to play. We encountered the thing we feared would happen. Nate got frustrated because he wasn't very good at the Wii and threw a huge fit (he was a little tired too).
Luckily for Nate (and us and anyone who plays the Wii with him in the future) we had ordered a Wii on Friday. It arrived Monday night. We told Nate he had a package, but wouldn't tell him what was in it. The look on his face was priceless (I meant to get out the video camera, but of course forgot). "A Wii!!!!!" He was very excited and impatient while we set it up.
The only game we have so far is Wii Sports that came with it. We've been bowling, boxing, playing tennis, baseball and golf like crazy. I used to always laugh at the health risk warning when the game boots up. Now, I know why its there. Video games shouldn't make you sore. I think I need to start stretching.
Nate is learning a few lessons with it. First, he's learning what it really means to share. He often asks something about "my Wii." I always respond with "whose Wii?" "Oh, yeah, our family's Wii." Second, he is working on being a graceful loser. He is obsessed with winning, whether it is a sport, board game or video game he gets quite upset when he loses. Of course we let him win sometimes, but we also whoop his tail a few times to work on losing gracefully.
At this point it is an awesome form of punishment. He straightens up pretty quick when you threaten to take the Wii away. It's also a great motivator. I've never seen him get dressed as fast as he did this morning when I told him he could play after he got ready for school.
This morning Kenny was in the kitchen and Nate was in the living room playing Wii. Kenny heard a kiss sound and Nate say "I love you." Kenny said "I love you to Nate." Nate replied "I wasn't talking to you Daddy."
We get gift cards at work for a job well done or working on special projects. We are waiting for some to Best Buy to go buy a few more games.
We took the kids to the natatorium on Sunday. It was the first time we've been in a while. Gray had a blast sitting in the zero depth entry area splashing around. I wish Nate's confidence would return, because he can swim really well when he relaxes. We need to get both of them signed up for lessons.
We had a bit of bad weather up here last night. Luckily the storms decreased just as they got to our area. Nate, Gray, Franklin and I were in the little bathroom downstairs. Kenny was watching the weather, ready to jump in the bathroom anytime. I really hate cramming in there, but don't have any other place to store all the junk in closet to make it a place for us to take shelter. Nate is getting to an age where he gets really restless in there. Add to that his fear of storms, Franklin's fear of storms and the really tiny space and its just not fun. Anyway, the good news is that everyone is safe and we didn't have any damage.
❤️👨👩👦👦
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment