Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ophthalmologist Report

Gray went to the ophthalmologist today. Unfortunately the news wasn't good. He has cataracts and dislocated lenses in both eyes. These problems are interfering with his line of sight and will need to be surgically corrected.

The kid's doctor is very skilled, but doesn't have the best bed side manner, so I don't have a lot of details. They'll call me tomorrow to get the surgery scheduled. I have a few more questions to ask them then. I do know that each eye will be operated on separately.

The doctor was reassuring and reminded me that this type of surgery is quite safe now (not like when Kenny had it) and complications are rare.

After the surgery Gray will need normal vision correction. He will get contacts or glasses, we're not sure which at the moment.

Here are a few pictures of the kids:

Gray playing in the floor.


Nate and Gray on Gray's first day of daycare.


Gray with the school director, Kelly.

Nate and Gray at the pumpkin patch ("No Mommy, it was a nursery that had pumpkins," says Nate.)

0 comments: