Friday, October 17, 2008

Crazy Week

Even without Gray's eyes issues I think this week would have been busy.


Nate had another great football game on Saturday. He played pretty well. His cousins came to watch the game and we were very impressed by his ability to leave them alone during the game. I know that was hard for Nate and his cousins. Nate was obviously having underwear issues during the game.

After the game we headed to church for Oktoberfest. We had a great time listening to German music, eating German food and hanging out with our church friends. Nate had a great time in the bounce house. I think Gray would have preferred that the music be a little quieter.

We took the kids to the State Fair on Monday. It was fair day at most of the Dallas area schools, so it was pretty packed. It didn't feel like we did a whole lot, but we stayed really busy. We watched the frisbee dog show, a puppet show, and (Nate's favorite) the pig races. Nate also loves doing the "little hands on the farm" interactive exhibit and going to the petting zoo.

I took Gray to the pediatrician on Monday because his allergies have been going crazy. Turns out he also had pink eye. He doesn't like eye drops!

Dr. Minsky had gotten the report from the eye doctor and asked about the surgery. I vented my frustration about our lack of information and got the number for a new doctor. I'll write a separate post about that in case some people don't want to read all of this.

We had Gray's 6 month pictures made on Wednesday. They are absolutely adorable.

Luckily for the pictures, but not so luckily for Gray, he threw up as we were leaving the photo studio. He threw up again at school, then in middle of the night, so he didn't go to school on Thursday. He seems to be much better today and is back at school.

I sure hope things slow down soon, but I doubt that they will.

0 comments: