Our friends, the Tucker's, invited us over for a Halloween Party.
Everyone was invited to wear costumes, but Kenny and I chose not to participate. Nate's been asking to wear his costume at every opportunity. We knew he would love his.
On the other hand, Gray had a complete breakdown last time he tried his on. We've been talking the costume up and letting him play with it. We've also been teaching him to roar like a monster.
It worked like a charm, because he loved having it on this time. He even wanted his face painted (after he saw Nate getting made up.)
There were a ton of kids.
I won a prize for most creative Halloween Treat (Worms and Dirt turned into a graveyard) and Gray won the prize for "scariest" costume. He loved his prize.
One highlight of the party was a special visitor. You see Mr. Coach Tucker (both of the Tuckers are coaches) is an assistant coach for the Frisco RoughRiders, a part of the Texas Rangers system. He gets to know lots of the players as they move up, and his family becomes quite close to some of them. Tommy Hunter, starting pitcher for the American League Champion Texas Rangers, stopped by the party. Kenny was on cloud 9. Tommy was super nice. He chatted with lots of people, busted up a conversation when he realized we were whispering about him, took tons of pictures, signed a few baseballs, and even played with our kids.
Here are pictures of the boys with Tommy (who will be playing in the World Series later this week).
Go Rangers!
We had so much fun at the party (even before Tommy showed up). We've found a great group of friends in our football parents. It's even better that our kids will go off and play without much supervision. I did have to start watching one of them closer. Several kids (7 and 9 year olds) complained that one of mine was hurting them with his wrasslin'. It wasn't Nate.
I'm so close to caught up, but I'm so tired. I have one post left to do. Hopefully I can get it done tomorrow.

2 comments:
Wow - what a fun treat! And great costumes!
Great costumes! Hunter freaked out and wouldn't wear his elmo costume last year, so we will see what happens this year....we don't have a back up plan! Hope to see you guys soon!
Post a Comment