Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Reading Helper

Nate's reading skills have really started to pick up lately. Sometimes I think he gets lost in the words. We've found a product that really seems to help.


Nate found these Mini Hand Pointers by Learning Resources at his book fair. He really wanted a big one, but they were all sold out, so he chose these instead. I wasn't sure what we would do with them when we bought them. They've worked out great as a reading aid. I hold the book and point to the word he's on. The hand pointers are much less intrusive than my finger.

You can buy them from the Learning Resources website. I also found them at Amazon. We have the set that is translucent designed for the overhead projector. Learning resources makes lots of different pointers, including the big ones that Nate originally wanted.

These seem to really help at our house and I wanted to share with all my friends, especially those with emergent readers.

0 comments: