Sunday, December 27, 2009

Nate's Birthday

So I'm still behind. Only a few more weeks of busy season at work, then I'll hopefully get back to normal about blogging.

Nate turned six on November 19th. As usual we went a little overboard on his party. If Nate had a FaceBook account I think he would have more friends than Kenny and I combined. We invited our family friends with kids, Nate's cousins, Nate's current football team and the team he played on last year. When you add that up it equals way to many kids for a birthday party. Luckily his old football team had a competing party and only one kid from the old team came to Nate's party (he actually went to both of them).

We had the party at Eagle's Wings Gymnastics. Nate had been to a party there before and loved it. They have two large inflatable activities, plus some of the gymnastics equipments (like a long trampoline that ends in a pit of foam blocks). They also play two party games. Nate chose to have a water gun fight and the "sock game." All of the parents come out for the sock game. The party hosts build a wall and put the parents on one side and the kids on the other. Then they put foam blocks and socks on both side and the kids and parents throw them at each other. The goal is to get your side of the wall clean.

Nate had been to another birthday party that had a balloon artist. He loved her. I got her information and she was pretty reasonable, so she also came to the party. I could have saved a some money if I had just learned to make balloon swords, because that is mostly what she made.

Nate had a great time, as did all of his friends.

Our family has been very blessed and Nate did not need toys from all of his friends. Instead we asked his friends to bring a gift to donate to Toys For Tots. Nate wasn't thrilled with the idea, but he accepted it. After Thanksgiving we took the toys to a Toys for Tots drop off and Nate got to see some "submarines."

Here are a few pictures from the party.

0 comments: