Kenny and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary in November with a 4 night cruise to Cozumel. It was our first cruise and we had a good time.
We saw 1 1/2 "Broadway style" shows. Let's just say I don't think they held a match to community theater. We ate way too much food and had a few beverages. Our favorite on-board activity was karaoke. We didn't sing, but had a great time watching others. There were a few people you could count on to sing every night. Some were good, some were bad, and some were just plain hilarious. I think the host, Jay from Philli(pines), is who really made it enjoyable. I think he was the best employee on the ship.
While in Cozumel Kenny and I took a snorkeling excursion. Kenny and I had a bad experience snorkeling in Ixtapa on our honeymoon (we almost died) so we weren't real sure about trying it again. We looked at the excursions through the ship but were recommended another company by a friend. She had used them before and had a good experience. We booked our trip and didn't think much more about it. When we got to Cozumel we got a cab and went to the marina. We got a little nervous when we saw our boat and met our "dive master." He was nice enough, I just wasn't sure about his skill. Another couple had booked with the dive company but didn't arrive on time. We waited a while (and I got more and more nervous) but they never showed. Finally we left. Once we got out in the water the trip was great. We were in the same places that the cruise excursions went, but ours was much more intimate. The cruise groups had high tourist to guide ratios and there was a lot of yelling. Our guide was able to dive down, point out fish, then come up and tell us about them. Based on snorkeling in Ixtapa I didn't get an underwater camera, but was very disappointed with that decision once we started snorkeling. The snorkeling in Cozumel is amazing. Kenny and I are talking about going back specifically to do more snorkeling.
Here are some pictures from the trip.

1 comments:
Wow! We've never gone on a cruise, but that looks like it was awesome! So pretty! :)
Post a Comment