Friday, December 11, 2009

Skating Lessons

The city of Allen is growing by leaps and bounds. An event center, featuring a minor league hockey team, just opened up around the corner from our house. While we're not big hockey fans, Nate has been asking to play hockey for at least a year. With the ice so close to our house we decided to let him give it a try.

Nate has to take (at least) three sets of lessons before he can join a team. His first lesson was on November 8th. I'm not so sure about hockey, so I was hoping that it would be cold and he would fall down and decide he hated it. Unfortunately that didn't happen. In fact, he claims falling down is his favorite part. It oughtta be, because he certainly falls down a lot.



Nate has two more lessons left in this set. He's nursing a sore ankle (bad enough that the doctor sent him for x-rays last week), but he toughed it out this week. After some whining while we put the skate on he got on the ice and tried his best. I think the ankle was really hurting because he seemed worse this week than the first week. At this rate, I think he'll have to repeat this class. He really seems to enjoy it, so I guess we'll be pushing forward with the classes and eventually move on to hockey.

Please pray that the puck doesn't mess up his adorable little nose.

0 comments: