Thursday, September 10, 2009

Barn-icles 9/10/09

First, because I know everyone is on the edge of their seat waiting to know how last night went, we made it. Gray did not play with his toys or open his closet (that would have been a disaster). He actually slept in the bed. Kenny said he was sitting in the bed this morning when Kenny went to get him up. Hopefully tonight goes equally well.

We had a great holiday weekend with Kenny's family. We got to see Kenny's nephew, Cooper, score his first touchdown on Saturday morning. It was pretty great. Little boys in football pads are extremely cute. They look so big, but you still know just how little they are. I'm not ready for Nate to move to tackle football yet.

I went to a PTA meeting on Tuesday night and left the boys at home with Kenny. They all went outside so Kenny and Nate could practice football. Gray managed to climb to the top of the slide. I'm not talking about his little toddler slide. I'm talking about the big, twisty slide that is attached to the fort on Nate's swing set. That boy is a climber (and that's why he is in a toddler bed instead of a crib).

In other Barnes family news, Nate stayed on white yesterday! He had been on yellow for three days straight. The teacher moved him to a seat closer to her. Kenny was disappointed because Nate used to be at the Zebra table (Kenny's high school mascot) but is now at the Cheetah table. (I would make some kind of comment about Cheetahs eating Zebras here, but Kenny's family reads the blog.) Nate isn't unhappy about changing seats. I think he misses Skylar, but she is in Kid's Club with him, so he still has plenty of time with her. Reagan sits at his new table, so he is pretty happy about that. She might be his girlfriend, but he hasn't asked her. Plus, he doesn't really want a girlfriend until college.

We still can't get Nate to give us many details about school. Usually he'll tell us about lunch, but that's about it. He did let it slip that he could read a "T" book. Then he proceeded to recite it for us (he isn't allowed to bring the book home). I hope he learns the difference between reading and memorizing soon.

That's about all I have for now. I always have a hard time wrapping these things up. Can I get some help figuring out a catchy closing I can use on all of my Barn-icles posts? Anyone? Tanya?

1 comments:

Debbie said...

But Lions and Cheetahs really do eat Zebras!