I apologize for being a little behind on the blog, its been a crazy around here. I'll pick up where I left off last week.
Here are a couple of pictures of the boys at a park in Conroe. Gray really loved swinging.
We went to the Houston Livestock Show on Wednesday. Nate had a really good time looking at animals. We wondered through aisles and aisles of hogs and beef heifers. Nate stepped in his first cow poop (awwww or eewwwww, whichever you prefer). We walked through the maze of rabbit pens and found some exhibitors that let Nate pet their rabbits. He liked how soft they were. Then we ran into the Ag. teacher from my high school (he wasn't there when I was, but we knew him). Mr. Stone pointed us to one of his students calves. I worked for the kid's grandpa in high school. His college age older sister was with the calf (she was in very early elementary school when I graduated high school. It made me feel really old.). Callie introduced Nate to the heifer and let him pet her.
Then we went to the baby animals section. I think it was a good idea, but I had one small problem with it. I did not need to see the video of the piglet and calves being born. I’m all for looking at cute baby animals, and as much as I love raising animals, having to watch birth is not my favorite part. It’s a miracle, but for the most part, I prefer that it’s done where I can’t see it. There was one exception. There was a hatchery and we got to watch a chick hatch. I had never seen that and it was pretty cool to see the process.
After we looked at animals Nate got to ride two carnival rides. He ended up doing the same thing two times because he liked it so much. We probably would have let him go longer, but Gray was beyond tired and we had to get back to the hotel room.
We stopped in Centerville on our way home to visit with our friend Wendy from college. We haven’t seen her in forever and we had a good visit. As we pulled out of Centerville Kenny asked me about Gray’s glasses. We didn’t see them so we stopped and checked the car. We still didn’t see them. Kenny called the Dairy Queen we stopped at and they didn’t see them. I was sure I saw Kenny grab them and they were just buried in the 35,000 things we had to pack in the car, so I said we would find them at home. When we got home we went through the car and still couldn’t find them. We called Dairy Queen again. We called Wendy and she went back to Dairy Queen and couldn’t find them. We called Dairy Queen one more time. Nothing. I was a little mad that we lost them, but we have made it for quite sometime without losing a pair and I’m sure that happens with kids. Luckily his new pair with the new prescription were waiting, we just have to pay for the new frames now.
Nate had an excellent football game on Saturday. He has been playing center and really likes it. He had a first last week. He made the point after touchdown. He didn’t realize it until he got back to the sideline and Kenny told him. He was quite excited when he realized it had happened. I’ll try to get the video of that posted later, its on the computer at home. His team won by a large margin. We’re going to miss those kids when they move up next year.
I’ve been busy getting Gray’s birthday party planned. I had a great outdoor party planned, but it looks like we’ll all be crammed in the house on Saturday. The forecast keeps dropping for Saturday. You wouldn’t believe how hard it is to find stuff for a farm party, especially when your husband keeps shooting down ideas. We can’t have a pig cake because it would be pink and Gray is a boy. We can’t have a “chicken egg hunt” because it’s too close to Easter and there will be too many people in the house. I don’t know what we’ll do, but we’ll come up with something.
Gray turned one yesterday and I can’t believe it. He had his one year check up. He appears to be perfectly healthy, although a little on the light side. He was 30 inches long and weighed 18 lbs, 15.5 oz. We were encouraged to bulk him up with foods like pancakes and syrup (can you say huge mess?) and ice cream. His birthday present at the pediatricians office was two shots. To make his day even better he started throwing up at school.
We had tickets for Disney on Ice last night so I picked the boys up a little early. Kenny had spent most of the day at Kindergarten Registration (I’m talking him into writing a blog about that), so we got home about the same time. Unfortunately Gray threw up again and we had to make a decision. I kinda feel like a bad mom, but we decided to send Gray to his Grandparents on his birthday. I had already missed three days of work because Nate was sick, so I couldn’t take today off. We didn’t want to take the chance of Gray throwing up on everyone at Disney on Ice either. So we shipped him off. Luckily he isn’t old enough to remember.
Nate really enjoyed the Disney on Ice show. It was adorable to hear him belting out Hakuna Matata during the Lion King portion. He was amazed by some of the skating. He picked a Stitch Snow Cone as his souvenir and like it a lot. He still wanted the cotton candy with the Flounder mask, but we reminded him that the rule was only one thing.
After we looked at animals Nate got to ride two carnival rides. He ended up doing the same thing two times because he liked it so much. We probably would have let him go longer, but Gray was beyond tired and we had to get back to the hotel room.
We stopped in Centerville on our way home to visit with our friend Wendy from college. We haven’t seen her in forever and we had a good visit. As we pulled out of Centerville Kenny asked me about Gray’s glasses. We didn’t see them so we stopped and checked the car. We still didn’t see them. Kenny called the Dairy Queen we stopped at and they didn’t see them. I was sure I saw Kenny grab them and they were just buried in the 35,000 things we had to pack in the car, so I said we would find them at home. When we got home we went through the car and still couldn’t find them. We called Dairy Queen again. We called Wendy and she went back to Dairy Queen and couldn’t find them. We called Dairy Queen one more time. Nothing. I was a little mad that we lost them, but we have made it for quite sometime without losing a pair and I’m sure that happens with kids. Luckily his new pair with the new prescription were waiting, we just have to pay for the new frames now.
Nate had an excellent football game on Saturday. He has been playing center and really likes it. He had a first last week. He made the point after touchdown. He didn’t realize it until he got back to the sideline and Kenny told him. He was quite excited when he realized it had happened. I’ll try to get the video of that posted later, its on the computer at home. His team won by a large margin. We’re going to miss those kids when they move up next year.
I’ve been busy getting Gray’s birthday party planned. I had a great outdoor party planned, but it looks like we’ll all be crammed in the house on Saturday. The forecast keeps dropping for Saturday. You wouldn’t believe how hard it is to find stuff for a farm party, especially when your husband keeps shooting down ideas. We can’t have a pig cake because it would be pink and Gray is a boy. We can’t have a “chicken egg hunt” because it’s too close to Easter and there will be too many people in the house. I don’t know what we’ll do, but we’ll come up with something.
Gray turned one yesterday and I can’t believe it. He had his one year check up. He appears to be perfectly healthy, although a little on the light side. He was 30 inches long and weighed 18 lbs, 15.5 oz. We were encouraged to bulk him up with foods like pancakes and syrup (can you say huge mess?) and ice cream. His birthday present at the pediatricians office was two shots. To make his day even better he started throwing up at school.
We had tickets for Disney on Ice last night so I picked the boys up a little early. Kenny had spent most of the day at Kindergarten Registration (I’m talking him into writing a blog about that), so we got home about the same time. Unfortunately Gray threw up again and we had to make a decision. I kinda feel like a bad mom, but we decided to send Gray to his Grandparents on his birthday. I had already missed three days of work because Nate was sick, so I couldn’t take today off. We didn’t want to take the chance of Gray throwing up on everyone at Disney on Ice either. So we shipped him off. Luckily he isn’t old enough to remember.
Nate really enjoyed the Disney on Ice show. It was adorable to hear him belting out Hakuna Matata during the Lion King portion. He was amazed by some of the skating. He picked a Stitch Snow Cone as his souvenir and like it a lot. He still wanted the cotton candy with the Flounder mask, but we reminded him that the rule was only one thing.

0 comments:
Post a Comment