The holidays are officially over. We finally took our tree down Wednesday night. The thing had to be painted because it was way to dry for the needles to still be that green.
Everything is getting back to normal around our house. Nate is back at school and all of his activities and Gray is just into everything. I have a few cute stories to share.
*************
Gray is becoming quite fond of "regular" food (as opposed to baby food). If you're eating something, he wants to eat it too. We had potato soup on Sunday. Nate begged to eat upstairs, so we let him (mostly so that we could watch TV). Gray was playing in the living room floor quietly. Then he realized I was sitting on the couch with food. He crawled to the coffee table, pulled up, scooted down the table, made the jump from the table to the couch and began eyeing my food. He kept up with me bite for bite. When we finished the first bowl he started crying, so I had to go get more.
When we dropped Gray off at school on Thursday he was in his high chair waiting to eat. One teacher was passing out Cheerios. Since he was fixing to get some baby food he didn't get any. You should have seen the look on his face. The look definitely said "I know you're not going to leave without giving me some of those." Needless to say, he had some Cheerios.***************
On the way home from school on Wednesday Nate starts a conversation with "do you know about that guy that got shot?" Hmm...interesting.
"Which guy? Did Ms. Jeannie talk to you about someone who got shot?""Yes."
"Are you talking about the police officer that was shot yesterday?" (A Dallas police officer was killed in the line of duty on Tuesday).
"NO! I'm talking about that brown guy. Martin Luther the King." (Nothing is ever just king, its always "the king," as in Mr. The King from Cars.)
"Oh, y'all talked about Martin Luther King Jr today." Then I tried to discuss MLK with him, but he was on to other topics.
**************
You never realize how much kids pick up from you until they imitate you. On the way to gymnastics Nate had his Spider Man cell phone and he was just a pushin' buttons. He told us he was "emailing Cooper." A few minutes would pass and he would tell us what Cooper had emailed him back. It was so funny.**************
We really got back into the swing of things this week. Nate had gymnastics and basketball practice. His basketball games start this Saturday (1/10). Most of them are at 9:30 am. I'll get the schedule posted.
I hope he does better in the game than he did in practice. He always gravitates to a kid that isn't acting right, and that's what he did last night. There was a kid goofing around, putting his basketball in his shirt, etc. Of course Nate was attracted to him and had to start imitating him. I wish I knew how to stop that.
Nate is pretty good at shooting the ball (when he doesn't stand right under the basket), but we need to work on dribbling. We got a ball yesterday and he got a goal for Christmas. Hopefully we can start working on that stuff soon.
I'll try to get some new pictures posted this weekend!

0 comments:
Post a Comment