Tuesday, September 28, 2010

First Grade...Finally

This has been a long time coming. Here are some pictures from the first day of school.

He was supposed to wear a shirt that was his favorite color. He picked black. I know some people (some Grandview Zebra people) that will like that.



I've shared this before, but it's still my favorite. They just look so sweet together. Oh, I could use more moments like this and less with screaming.



Here he is walking into his classroom.



...and Gray crying when we left "his Nate" at school.



This is the sixth week and Nate has been doing great. We've met with his teacher to discuss his vision problem and she says he's a typical first grade boy. He hasn't had to change his color on the discipline chart yet (knock on wood). We promised him a nice toy if he could make it until the end of the week.

Here is some of the work he's been doing. It all came home in his folder today, but I sometimes wonder if he's hoarding stuff in his desk.

His coloring is so much better this year.



His drawings are becoming much more complex. He used to just draw big, circular monsters. This picture has a zoo, a police car, and what appears to be a boy playing basketball. I'm not sure what's on the bottom half.


This is his first spelling test from this week. He only missed one word and the bonus word. I think a 3 means he is preforming at grade level expectations.

A lab safety quiz? In the first grade? Page two wasn't quite as good as page one, so I didn't scan it in. :)


We're very proud of our first grader!

0 comments: