I hope these days last forever, but I'm sure that they'll be fleeting. Nate is still infatuated with Gray and I love it.
Nate tries to wake up early in the morning so he can sneak into Gray's room and play with him before everyone else gets up.
Every night Nate has to give Gray a huge hug and goodnight kiss. If Nate misses that opportunity for any reason he is very disappointed.
On Wednesday Nate pulled his pillow and a blanket and fell asleep in front of Gray's door. Kenny found him there and moved Nate to his room. The next morning Nate angrily asked "Who or what moved me to my bed last night?"
Nate learned from Wednesday and on Thursday he drug his blanket and pillow into the corner of Gray's room behind the bed, hoping we wouldn't find and move him.
Friday morning Kenny reminded Nate to tell me happy birthday. Nate said "Happy birthday Mommy. Save a piece of cake for me. And save one for Gray-Gray too."
On Friday we let Nate sleep in Gray's room. Kenny and I had to make a couple of trips upstairs to settle them down. On one trip Nate asked for a drink of water. I got him a small bathroom cup of water. Nate drank half and then gave a drink to Gray.
It makes me proud and warms my heart that Nate is always thinking of his baby brother. I pray that I do a good job of encouraging it so that they will remain close throughout their childhood and into adulthood.
❤️👨👩👦👦
6 years ago

2 comments:
Aren't siblings the best! Here's hoping they will always be close!
Awww, that's so sweet!! :)
Post a Comment