Monday, January 4, 2010

Nate's New Career

Nate has decided that he, like the character from the Nate the Great books, will be a detective.

Yesterday I was trying to plug my computer into the router (our wireless connection was too slow for what I needed to do). I had to get out a flashlight, stand on a stool, and search the back of the router (that is on top of our entertainment center) for an open plug. Nate comes in as I was finishing up and says: "Mom, I'm a detective now. I could have helped you with that. Next time you should ask me."

This morning he got out of bed and couldn't find his glasses. He came to me for help. He said "I can't look for them because I can't be a detective until I put them on."

Following Nate the Great's lead, our Nate will only eat pancakes for breakfast now. While Granny Debbie was here he ate at IHOP (a lot). He loves the Funny Face pancake. It's a chocolate chip pancake with maraschino cherry eyes and a whipped cream smile. We had chocolate chips and whipped cream left over from Christmas, so he asked for those on his pancakes on Saturday. Last night he realized we also had cherries, so Kenny had to add those to his pancakes this morning too.

0 comments: