It's been a while and I think I've forgotten how to blog. Things have been crazy around here, but are starting to get back to normal. I looked for pictures to post, but really couldn't find much, especially considering how long it's been since I've blogged.
We celebrated "Christmas" on New Years Eve with the Bicknell Bunch (Kenny's cousins). Here are the kids, let's see if I can name them all. Starting in the back, left to right, Holly, {a friend of Taylor's}, Taylor, Becky and Katie. Front: Gray, Madison, Ryan, Lauren, Cooper, and Nate.
Gray and Nate (mostly Gray) enjoying bath time.
Nate showing off the new hole in his mouth. T minus 17 teeth 'till braces.
Here's whats been going on with us:
Kenny and Amber
Work, work, work, and more work. Our busy season, when we're getting a new version of our program out, runs from November through January. Both of us had more responsibility this year than we have in the past.
Kenny was in charge of the tool that the entire department relies on to manage their work. This was the first year with the tool and it had lots of hiccups.
I took the lead on testing our program with the IRS and states and getting it approved for e-filing. I spent a lot of time working with internal and external partner's to deliver a product the customers can use. (Oh my gosh, listen to all of that corporate speak, we'll move on from work).
Just one more thing, if you're going to prepare your own taxes I recommend TurboTax!
Nate
Nate has had an excellent second semester at school so far. He has been on white (the best color on the behavior chart) for the entire month. (inserting knocking on wood sound effect here) He has moved up to Level 2 in his Kindergarten Reader books. He writes a lot at school, but it's pretty hard to read. He really enjoys math and science.
He is finally loosing the limp he started over Thanksgiving. We ended up taking him to a sports medicine doctor and he has been diagnosed with Sever's Disease. I don't know why it's called a disease, because that makes it sound worse than it is. Anyway, he'll eventually out grow it. The doctor has him using over the counter shoe inserts right now and it's helping. He isn't pain like he was.
Football practice started back up last week. Nate is ready to go. Games start on February 27th. I'll post the schedule when we get it.
Nate had an ophthalmologist appointment last week as well. His vision was stable and there wasn't much change in the cataract. We're still on course for surgery this summer to have the cataracts removed.
Gray
Gray is growing like a weed and developing new skills all the time.
Gray started gymnastics this month. He doesn't like waiting in line and having to do each skill. He only wants to do the things he likes (jumping in the pit, crawling through the tunnel, going down the slide). Hopefully this helps him develop patience in addition to coordination.
Gray is talking more and more. Kenny tried to sell him short on words when we were talking about it with friends, but Gray certainly has enough to communicate his major needs. Milk, wa-wa, cracker, bath time, and Mickey Mouse are among his favorites.
We let Gray start watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse as a way to help keep him subdued during nebulizer treatments. Now he thinks that he should watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse every waking moment when we're at home. He comes running when he hears the theme song.
Gray is developing quite an arm as well. He loves to throw things (balls, blankets, toys, food, etc, etc).
That pretty much sums up what's been going on around here. I'll try to blog more frequently and take more pictures.

1 comments:
WOW! We used TurboTax! It worked very smoothly I might add! :)
I had no idea Nate was limping. How awful! Hey, btw, Liam's got the same tooth missing. :) He loves to say any F-words (non-swearing that is - ha ha)!
It's great to see Gray growing. He's such a sweetie. :)
Post a Comment