Thursday, November 26, 2009

What I'm Thankful For

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

As I reflect on the things that I am thankful for I find that God is at the top of the list.

I'm thankful for the Father who created all that is, seen and unseen, and for his plan of salvation. I'm thankful for Jesus Christ who lived a perfect life and suffered death so that I may live with him forever in Heaven. I'm thankful for the Holy Spirit who gives me the gift of faith that saves me from the eternal damnation that I deserve as a sinner. And I'm thankful for God's true word in the Bible that assures me of all these things.

The Lord has given me, and my family, many things to be thankful for. Here are a few:

  • My loving husband
  • My wonderful children
  • Our supportive extended family
  • Our friends who are there when we need them
  • The doctors that saved Gray's life and continue to keep him healthy
  • The doctors that saved Gray's vision and closely monitor Nate's vision so that he can live a fulfilling life
  • The talents and skills that Kenny and I possess
  • Good jobs
  • The expanding federal government that gives me job stability (OK, maybe I'm just thankful for the job stability and not the expanding federal government.)
  • A roof over our head
  • Warm food in our kitchen
  • The community that we live in
  • Our busy schedule of fun activities, family and friends (OK, sometimes I would like a few less of these blessings.)
  • The other material blessings that are too numerous to list or even count.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him all creatures here below;
Praise Him above ye heav’nly host;
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
--Thomas Ken