Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Barn-icles 7/24/09

Please don't think my lack of posts result for nothing going on around here. In fact, it's been quite the opposite. School is still a month away, but I feel like we're already into the fall.

Last Wednesday I went to the football league's Team Mom meeting. We got lots of information to share with our teams. Thank goodness I'm just "assistant to the team mom."

Somehow I managed to get elected to office in my Toastmasters club as well. I had to go to training on Thursday night for that.

Oh yeah, my mom came up on last Wednesday too. She took Nate to Hawaiian Falls water park on Thursday. On Friday she took both boys to Build A Bear. I'll have to get pictures of their bears. You can tell Nate "helped" Gray.

Saturday was jam packed. Gray and I went to the football parents meeting, then met Kenny and Nate at Main Event for a work party. Then we jumped to the Allen Bowl for a meet and greet with the new football team.

Tuesday we started football practice. Most people might think Nate started football practice, but it really is a family affair. Kenny is head coaching this year, so in addition to being assistant to the team mom, I'm also the assistant to the head coach. Don't get those positions confused with Assistant Team Mom or Assistant Coach. I only signed on to be their assistants. Man, I get sucked into a lot of work.

We realized Tuesday morning that Nate's cleats were too small, so we took him to Academy at lunch time. He's up to a size 1 shoe! He's growing too fast.

The football boys looked great on Tuesday and they all had fun. I think its going to be a great team, which is important because, for the most part, this is the team Nate will play on until he is too old to play ASA football (6th Grade for the fall, 8th Grade for the spring).

We had a cold front come through and the weather has been lovely up here (low 90s). We've squeezed in a lot of out door play time since the weather has been so nice. That's what most of the pictures below are.

I have a lot of other pictures to post (football practice, Hawaiian Falls, Frio River), so I'll probably create some slide shows to put up in the next few days.

Until then, enjoy these pictures of my rapidly growing boys.


Gray terrorizing Franklin. Poor Franklin just kept getting up and moving to a new spot. Unfortunately for Franklin, Gray just kept moving with him.


Happy and Hot



Playing a little catch with Daddy



Going to get a drink of water



We pulled out a toddler slide for Gray to play on. He really likes it.



Here's my water jug and ball for practice.


Gray at football practice

Sneaky Nate in our bed. I guess it's only fair since we borrowed his old comforter while ours was at the cleaners. Nothing says romance like a construction comforter. :)

0 comments: